Today's Quiet Time

There are some reasons why these day I often write about something religious. Not because I have been so religious, but I just want to share. Writing makes me remember the lessons better. I am learning by seeing (visual) and by re-writing it. This is just how I sharpen my understanding about the things I learnt. Sharing makes me remember better and give me a pleasant feeling.

Today, I would like to write something about Bible in English. This is my first time. Hopefully it works, hahaha…

Today, I read Proverbs 12:24 as my queit time. Based on NIV, this is how this verse sounds:

“Diligent hands will rule, but laziness ends in forced labor.”

Or in Indonesian:

“Tangan orang rajin memegang kekuasaan, tetapi kemalasan mengakibatkan kerja paksa.”

This verse has a simple meaning, that, we have to be diligent. Only diligent person can rule. While the ones who is lazy will end in forced labor. They will do a work not because they want it, but because of compulsion or force.

Just like the verse is quite simple, it also has a simple meaning, but the realization is may be quite hard =P . We have to be diligent in all the things we do.

Do you work diligently?

Do you read your bible diligently? Or just as a routine activity?

Do yo do your tasks diligently?

For me, sometimes, I was too lazy to do a thing and it ends up being postponed. And after that, I try to finish it under pressure (analogue with: forced labor). And finally nothing works. Or maybe it works but it doesn’t work well.

Let’s be diligent in whatever we do. =)



Have a nice day ^^,

Comments

Popular Posts