Joyful. Fearless. Target Achiever

I should to write about this in January. It’s already about two months too late. But, that’s okay I think as long as it has not reached the end of the year. It’s still valid to be posted now. 

Actually, I have a lot of technical target for this year. I could not write them one by one in this page because it’s not everybody will understand and to be honest, I’m quite lazy to write that much. So, I just simplify it into a three simple words. This is who I want to be.

I want to be joyful, fearless, and also target achiever. 

I don’t mean to make my own motto until about the middle of January when I read a motivational Indonesian book which is for me very good. It is written by Indonesian, young, awesome, very talented youths. One of the writers wrote that we need to make our own motto/trending topic about yourself. Even though it was not all about you this time, but every time you remember about it, you will learn and remember that this is the one that you are going to be. I will explain about these three things. This is the character that I want to develop this year.

Joyful
Joyful is not the same as happy. I learnt about these two words and they have a big difference. Happy is something that you can feel when something good happens to you. It’s easy to be happy. When you receive something good or grateful because of someone doing some kindness to you, you will feel automatically happy. But joyful is about being happy when even there is no something good happens in your life. Actually, there will always something good in life, but maybe we count it as negligible (ex: good health, good friend, have a new day everyday). Even we are not raised in our position in work, people is not doing good to you, you get a bad day, failed in your plan, or anything else, etc, and you still able to be happy, it is what I called as joyful.

I realize that in life, good and bad things come together in one package. You can't choose to get just one of them, so I wish I could always be joyful. Be joyful not because there are a lot of good thing & success in my life, but because I have God and there are a lot of uncountable blessing that sometimes I don’t count because I put my focus on my problem.



Fearless
I just want to say that this is not me 100%. Maybe it’s 30:70 in comparison of brave and fear. Sometimes I can be so brave, I called it in Indonesian language as nekad. Sometimes I think a lot and I won’t move on because I am afraid.  I need to be more fearless.  Fear is actually a common feeling. Everybody have it in different level. It’s not prohibited too. But if it’s in me too much, there will be a lot of new problems come along.



Target Achiever
Every year I made target for myself, specifically at the end of the year. I also do the evaluation of the ‘will be closed soon’ year about what target that I have achieved, its progress, the result, and how effective I use my time. I was quite happy last year because some of my targets are achieved. Some just half achieved. Some are even never I did.  I evaluated about them and how to make it better in this year. This year, I want to make more improvement by achieve my targets more (if it is possible). If it’s just not possible, I just want to make sure myself that I have tried my best, made every effort, and made a very good time management.

I still have no idea about the result. We’ll see later at the end of the year. I think this is also quite difficult to be measured. But I just want to move forward and be closer to my target. So far, almost every day I struggle with all of them. There is a time that I wish I could stop targeting myself too high and stay a bit relax. It’s true and sometimes it’s necessary. Sometimes I think I need to slow down a bit and I do. But then, I come back to the race and realize that I need to keep on moving.

Just like a Newton’s first law. I adore it so much.
“An object that is at rest will tend to remain at rest. An object that is in motion will tend to remain in motion.”


And I choose to be someone that is always in motion with a good and enough rest at night. Hahahaha :D

 I couldn’t put that law on me 100% because I’m not an object. I am human.I need to sleep anyhow.

So, maybe you can also share to me what’s your motto for yourself/trending topic that you wish to be. I’d be glad to hear that.

Anyway, have a wonderful weekend everyone :)
 

Comments

Popular Posts